Wow! Thank you to WhoIAMToday for nominating me for the Liebster Award. I had to do a quick Google search and was quickly overcome to see that my newbie blog was nominated for this fun award. Especially following a week of radio silence, this notification is definitely a big motivator to continue sharing my journey.
Rules of this award:
1. Thank the person who nominated you and link to their blog in your Liebster Award post.
2. Copy and paste the Liebster Award badge into your post.
3. Answer the 10 questions you were given when you were nominated.
4. Come up with 10 questions you would like to ask of your nominees.
5. Nominate 5-10 newbie bloggers, by commenting on one of their blog posts with a link to your Liebster Award post, and a short message about nominating them.
Questions from WhoIAmToday:
- Who is your doppelganger? I’ve been told I like Kristin Stewart because of my profile and ears 😉 and Anne Hathaway because of my big smile/forehead.
- If you could have one super power, what would it be? Hmmm… I’ve always wanted to fly, and some of my most memorable dreams have been the times I’ve dreamt I could fly. This isn’t an incredibly practical superpower, but it would definitely be FUN.
- If you were stranded on a deserted island and could only have 3 things, what would they be? Does a person could as a thing? If so, the first thing I could have would be my partner (if I had one). If not, then I would bring lots of rope, a water filter, and an indestructible blanket, because I have to always be bundled up, even if it is warm, I would want something waterproof and large to be able to cover me at all times.
- What is the one thing you could never give up on? Myself. I will always work to be the best me I can. I’ve often fought to find meaning in life and a reason to continue and not give up, and I’ve always kept going. When I am at my best, I have the power to help so many people around me. With that knowledge, I could never give up on myself.
- What is your biggest pet-peeve? I have lots of little pet peeves, but my biggest one is probably having something or someone wake me up right before my alarm goes off. I set it for a reason, and I don’t like when something wakes me up ahead of my schedule (control-freak much?).
- What is your favorite childhood memory? Hmmm. My dad attended a private college for the first two years of his college career, and it is nestled at the base of a mountain in North Carolina. He began taking us to his homecoming each year around the time I turned 4 or 5. It was always in October and I can remember the swing sets, leaves changing colors, all the very older alums who loved seeing the little kids, and the barn dance that the college would host each year. It was my first time ever hearing banjo/fiddle being played at such a tempo and I loved dressing up for the barn dance and learning different square dances. There was a small lake on the campus which had 4 swans. I always loved watching the swans.
- What is your dream vacation? I have always wanted to take a month long backpacking vacation across Europe. My dream vacation would be doing this trip with my partner, seeing as many historic sites as possible, eating all the foods, trying as many chocolates as possible, and making memories. For the single woman I am right now, I’m such a hopeless romantic despite.
- What is the hardest decision you have ever had to make? I think I just went through this decision making process. I recently had to choose whether or not to terminate my pregnancy to follow my (now ex) partner’s wishes, or continue my pregnancy and enter life as a single mother. I chose to keep my child and look forward to giving her the best life imaginable.
- What is the best decision you have ever made? I hope that in 4 months when I give birth to my daughter, the answer to this question will be that the best decision I’ve ever made was to keep my baby. Right now, before that event, I will say that to date, the best decision I have ever made would be to choose to continue living and not give in to depression when it felt like there was no way out, specifically referring to a time 3 years ago.
- What qualities in a person do you most admire? I most admire the ability to trust someone. When I feel safe with someone, I can open up. Next, I admire wit, humor, and someone who can get along with anyone, aka, make anyone feel special and desired.
- What are you most afraid of? I am most afraid of failure and being alone and repeating the mistakes of my parents.
My nominations – check them out – :
- Sharon @ Becoming Mother
- Angela @ Momtessori Life
- This lovely single momma
- I Love Wine and Babies
New Questions for those I nominate:
- What made you start your blog?
- What is the boldest thing you’ve ever done?
- What makes you feel most vulnerable?
- What gives you the most strength?
- If you could, what advice would you give now to yourself 5 years ago?
- If you had to get in the car and drive all day today (at least 10 hours), where would you drive to?
- What have you always wanted to write about but haven’t yet?
- What is the one thing above all you want people to definitely remember you for when you’re gone?
- If you could/had to move to another country, where would you move?
- If you won the lottery today, what is the first thing you would purchase/spend your money on?
- What keeps you going each day?